Our Mission and Values
Aging Services of Minnesota is the state’s largest association of organizations serving Minnesota seniors. Our mission is simple – to create the future of older adult services through excellence and innovation.
Our membership encompasses over 1,000 organizations statewide. Together with more than 50,000 caregivers, our members serve 63,000 older adults every day in all of the places they call home, including home care and services, independent senior housing, assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities.
Aging Services members are diverse but share a common focus on person-directed living, missions of service to their communities and choice in older adult services. Aging Services is the state partner of LeadingAge and the state affiliate of the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA).
Our Work: Leading Change, Changing Lives
Aging Services achieves its mission in six key ways:
- Advocate for thoughtful public policy at the local, state and federal levels;
- Provide technical assistance and expert analysis to help providers deliver high quality care and support to the seniors they serve;
- Conduct and interpret research on emerging issues, demographic changes, costs and funding for older adult services, consumer trends and market dynamics;
- Provide training, education and leadership development for aging services professionals at all levels;
- Develop, support, test and scale innovative new models for delivering the care and services Minnesota seniors want today and in the future;
- Help Minnesota seniors and families find the care, services and support they need as they age.
Aging Services members share a commitment to six common values. We believe in:
- Older people and their right to make choices.
- Our employees, volunteers and informal caregiving networks.
- Prudent stewardship of all resources.
- The dedication of our members and their calling to missions of service.
- Accountability and reinvestment in our local communities.
- Integrity, collaboration and creativity in all endeavors.